Friday 23 August 2013

Making hats


I've wanted a decent hat for ages and haven't really come across one that i've liked that I can afford (check out  This Is Cambridge for some beauties)... after a bit of doodling, some research and a bit of standing in front of the mirror I decided to see if I could make my own.

 There's quite a few makers out there handcrafting these and a few patterns (some free) that you can have a look at. The best I've come across so far is from Dudecraft, the pattern's a good start for your own creation. I had to call on the considerable talents of my beautiful assistant for this project, check out how we got on.







Gather your bits and pieces (scissors, material, pattern and a pen) and begin cutting out















Once you've cut out all the bits you'll need, pin it all together and check out how it all fits






 Sew it all together











Try it on your head!



No comments:

Post a Comment